Friday, March 2, 2012

Soulmates

I met my first soulmate in Aug of 2007.  It wasn’t until our first official date in July 2009 that I knew he was my soulmate though.  So, it took me 24 years to meet my soulmate.

I met my other soulmate on January 20, 2012.  Little did I know, that they had performed their last-ever show a year earlier and the stint of their whole career was only 10 years.  I had completely missed out on it, but nevertheless, LCD Soundsystem is truly my musical soulmate.  And it took me 27 years to find them.
Good things are so worth waiting for.

It would be so Nicholas Sparks-ish if I had met my man soulmate one year after his career-ended and all I could do was wonder what could have been if he just put a few more years in.  Sigh….
Well, I'm extremely grateful that I have the man soulmate for all time to come, and to LCD Soundsystem: Please reconsider not touring or making music anymore.  Please. 

No comments: