Thursday, February 23, 2012

Easy Salmon Puttensca Pasta


So, I'm the girl who has NO idea how to take a picture of food so that it looks appetizing.  Hence, the weird crop job here. 

Either way, I made what ended up being a really good meat-less recipe on the fly last night.  Since cohabiting with my man, I've been cooking probably 6 nights a week and I think if I could take a decent photo, I'd throw a lot more recipes on here.  Either way, here we go!

1 tin anchovies in oil
Minced garlic to taste
1/3 c. white wine
1/3-1/2 jar green olives with pimento, sliced
Few good shakes Italian seasoning
One pouch boneless Salmon, like this one
1/3-1/2 jar tomato sauce [or 1 can crushed tomatoes, etc...Improvise accordingly]
2 and 2/3 c. pasta

This makes about 3-4 servings



Set your salted water to boil.  You can pretty much complete the recipe in the time between adding the pasta to the water and draining it.  I used some tri-mixture of penne, mini shells and rotini.
 

SAUCE | Begin by emptying the anchovies into a large skillet in about half of their oil.  Push them around as they start to dissolve.  Add garlic. 
Add the wine and the shakes of seasoning.  Use the back of a fork to help them break down. 
Next add the olives and let them simmer for about a minute.  Next add the pouch of salmon and break apart slightly with a fork. 
Add the tomatoes, or jarred sauce.  I let this all simmer for about 5-7 minutes (you could add more wine or some pasta water if its looking too dry. 
Drain the pasta and throw it into the sauce pan, folding the sauce over the top.

Any fresh herbs would be very welcome here as would the addition of capers.  This was really good as is though.



Bon appetite!!

No comments: