Thursday, March 15, 2012

Red Dresses.

Almost every child goes through some kind of obsession. Princesses, cars, Elmo, purple... Mine, was red dresses.  I don't know when it started and I don't know WHY it started, but 5-6 year old Laura was red-dress obsessed. 

I wouldn't take a book out of the library unless it had a girl, (or creature) sporting a red dress.  Every single thing I drew got a red dress slapped on and looked something like this... 


Note: No arms.  Red dress. | Even animals wear red dresses.

I'm not even sure I owned one, but everything in my imagination got the red dress treatment.  Other colors just wouldn't cut it.  Yellow?  No thanks.  Pink?  Close, but no.  

If Olivia were around when I was little, you can bet she would have been my ALL TIME favorite character.  Anyway, I had to give THIS BLOG POST a shout today.  Turns out, adult Laura still has a soft spot for the red dress.

No comments: